Friday, March 30, 2012

Cha-Cha-Changes


 Black and White Color Scheme
I've had a black and white color scheme for a while.  Of course no room is ever really complete so I've got a million ideas in the works - like a adding a pelmet to cover up the sagging metal curtain rod, recovering the faded pillows, and finding something (that is attractive) to go on the coffee table.


More of my black and white color scheme. 

But what I've most wanted to complete my living room is a new rug.  


Okay, actually what I've really, really, really, really, REALLY WANTED to complete my living room is a new sofa, like the Celine Sofa from Haverty's , but that just isn't in my budget at the moment. 


I've been dreaming about a new rug forever.  The one I have is a cheap black and white scroll pattern and I'm just tired of it.

Better shot of the offending rug (and the offending couch and loveseat)  

I've considered getting the Olin Rug from Crate and Barrel


Crate & Barrel's Olin Rug

And I've thought of getting a black and white zig-zag rug - a knock off of the Madeline Weinrib Version

I also considered the West Elm version of the Zig Zag

West Elm Zig Zag Rug

Then I considered getting the Ikea Rand Rug.

I'm not sure if this is the Ikea version or the pricer rug that inspired the Ikea rug. 

Then yesterday I was in Ballard's Backroom and found the most perfect rug. 

It was made of hand tufted wool,  unlike my current polypropolene black and white monstrosity. 

Even better, it was on sale!

They were practically giving it away. 

I just had to have it. 

So I bought it!



Looks great, right? 

Just what you would have picked for the space, right? 

And totally matches everything I already own.  Well, except for the drapes, the lampshades the pillows and the accessories... 

If you need me I'll be making drapes and recovering pillows and lampshades for the forseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment